Heart of Spring


Heart of Spring
Originally uploaded by CaptPiper.
Yesterday I was going crazy ; stir crazy, cabin fever, spring fever, broken-foot-and-the-wheelchair-doesn't-roll-on-grass freaking insane.

I got my crutches and hobbled outside into the sun. After last year's May frosts decimating my redbud and lilacs, this year they are glorious. It was so beautiful, it cheered me right up.
I noticed my broken foot wasn't hurting. I held my crutches to one side and cautiously took a step. It hurt a little, but not badly. I took another step. I called Tim. Look at this! I said, and took two more steps. That was enough, but I felt like I was at last seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Later that day at my doctor appointment, I was gently rebuked. He said that, even if it doesn't hurt, I can still really mess up my foot if it's not completely healed. I repented. There's no way I want to go through this again.

Unfortunately, the doctor also said that the realignment of my bones in the foot was definitely not good. But that's for the surgeon to see on the eighteenth.

Comments

Popular Posts