It was 1978, I think. In the summer I was a counselor in a camp in Canada - Camp Pioneer on Lake Clearwater. Counselors got one day off every two weeks, and on this day one of the counsellors from the guy's side of the lake had asked me if I wanted to go see that new StarWars movie with him. So there we were in this grand old theater in Port Mary, a huge, wide screen in front of me. We had our choice of seats, because the movie had been out for a while, and most nerds had already seen it.
The curtain in front of the screen opened and the now iconic wording rolled away into the vastness of space. Then the tip of a triangle-shaped spaceship appeared overhead. It grew and grew and kept growing as it gradually took over the screen, giving you the sense of how enormous it was and also the feeling of power and its inexorable advance. Then I was taken to another world....

Comments

beautiful girl playing the guitar
Unknown said…
I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. For more information visit spice incense
Unknown said…
Look handsome when playing guitar.
:)
Aaru Garg said…
Lovely post.

mPanchang provides you Krishna

janmashtami
and ganesh chaturthi 2017 Date

Popular Posts