Field of Dreams


Field of Dreams
Originally uploaded by CaptPiper.
July 16, 2006
Summertime… and the livin’ is easy.

But once in a while, it pays to drag myself out of bed and drive country roads as the sun is rising. Last Friday morning I looked out the window at 5:50 a.m. and saw a slightly thicker fog than usual lying over the fields like a cloud. I decided not to go back to bed, but take my camera hunting.

At first I didn’t find anything much. I took a few of the sunrise through the fog. I got one misty blue field with a double track meandering through it that I liked.
The sun was well above the horizon and I was actually on my way home when the road lead me though a valley filled with a light fog. Sunbeams were shafting through tree branches into a weedy golden meadow. Well, this was worth stopping for. After I was out of the car and searching for the best angle and crop, I noticed that the weeds in the field were draped with spider webs – beautiful round webs sparkling with beaded mist. And there were hundreds of them. This was the treasure I had been searching for. What a rush!!

If you want to see more digital captures from that morning, click on the photo to go to my Flickr site and look at the "Morning in July" set.

Comments

Lynn said…
I went walking this evening (my youngest daughter and my son were on bikes) down our country road and thought to myself that I really should have brought my camera. I also found myself thinking that I should get out early and walk (with camera)...then I came home and saw your early morning treasures! So beautiful....I definitely need to get up and get out;-) Not to mention I could use the exercise!

Popular Posts